Snacking is a natural behavior all babies do, but when snacking becomes the main, or only, way to satisfy hunger it is usually because they are not getting enough food. A combination of breast milk and healthy snacks will help you avoid the ills that come with snacking based on excess sugar.
Here are six benefits of choosing healthy snacks for babys:
- Breast milk and healthy snacks is a healthier way to feed a baby than a highly processed formula: Consuming breast milk and healthy snacks is a healthier way to feed a baby than the highly processed formula. Formula milk has artificial flavors, colors and even vitamins. It is made with corn syrup, a sweetener that makes formula seem more nutritious than breast milk by fooling the palate into thinking it has calories. The big brands of formula have added sugars to offset the carbohydrate reduction in the formula, which causes babies to poop as soon as they start eating it.
- Breast milk can help babies develop their immune system: Breast milk is rich in critical nutrients that help babies develop their immune systems from the start. Also, breast milk is easier for babies to digest, which means it is better on the tummy.
- Breast milk lowers baby’s risk of developing colic: Babies who eat a lot of formula have a higher risk of colic than babies who eat breast milk. Breast milk and healthy snacks helps lower that risk by providing the right balance of good fats, protein and carbohydrates.
- Breast Milk and healthy snacks are less expensive than over-the-counter formulas: While breast milk costs more than formula, it is much less expensive to produce than the highly processed formula. Healthy snacks are cheaper than over the counter formulas and when mixed with breast milk help make baby’s nutrition more effective.
- Breast milk and healthy snacks provides an alternative for those who are allergic to cow’s milk: Cow’s milk is a common allergen, so some moms choose to feed their babies goat’s milk or soy formula. If a baby is allergic or intolerant to cow’s milk, you may worry that they will not get enough nutrients from breast milk. A combination of breastmilk and healthy snacks can provide your baby with all the benefits of breastfeeding while avoiding the risks of formula feeding.
- How to get your baby to eat healthy snacks: Ideally, a baby will take breast milk and healthy snacks. However, some babies can be fussy about eating and may refuse to do so. Here are some examples of things you can try
- Eating in the same room as your baby can increase the chance of them eating at the same time as you. Also, making eye contact with your baby increases their odds of doing it too.
- If a doctor has told you when to feed or not feed your baby at certain times, try feeding them afterward and see if they’ll eat then.
- Put your baby on the desired schedule, and be cautious, if things don’t go as planned. Don’t let a shocking baby food experience discourage you, but don’t keep trying to get it just right.
Breast milk and healthy snacks are important in helping your baby develop the best immune system, a resistance to illness and a higher metabolism. Check out more at organicsbestshop.com.